Manfred F.R. Kets de Vries, Distinguished Professor of Leadership Development and Organizational Change at INSEAD, recently shared his eight leadership archetypes on the Harvard Business Review blog.
- The strategist: leadership as a game of chess.
- The change-catalyst: leadership as a turnaround activity.
- The transactor: leadership as deal making.
- The builder: leadership as an entrepreneurial activity.
- The innovator: leadership as creative idea generation.
- The processor: leadership as an exercise in efficiency.
- The coach: leadership as a form of people development.
- The communicator: leadership as stage management.
Tis the season for thinking about the year ahead. As you consider your congregation’s future, I encourage you to invest in leadership. How well do the key leaders know one another’s dominant style or archetype? What kind of leadership is needed at this stage in the life of your congregation to help lead all people into God’s future guiding by congregational mission and vision?Tweet