- tantalizing title,
- hook in the opening paragraph,
- connecting image,
- unique style and perspective,
- new insight,
- formatted for easy reading, and
- conversation-starting question.
I have been blogging since 2009, and am always interested in learning how to be more effective. While many of my posts contain these seven elements, a good number contain a lesser number (typically 4-6). I recognize that I must both write in ways that will resonate with prospective new readers and also connect with existing readers. I also strive to emphasize #7 by asking multiple conversation starting so what questions, which I see as my unique style and perspective (#4).
- What would you add to or subtract from Steinbrueck’s list of essential elements in a great blog post? Explain.
- If you blog, which of the 7 do you find most challenging? How might you grow in that area in 2014?
- If you are a regular reader of this blog (or want to take some time to evaluate multiple posts), which of the 7 do you feel is the greatest strength of So What Faith? the biggest growing edge?